Bangkok Airways Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays
In the event of a lengthy tarmac delay affecting any of our flights that depart from or arrive at an airport in China, the contingency plan is as follows:
- Beginning 30 minutes after the scheduled departure and every thirty minutes thereafter: Information shall be provided to delayed Passengers regarding the reason for the delay and the status of the delay, if known.
- Delay exceeding 2 hours (including 2 hours): Adequate food and water for Passengers shall be provided.
- Delay exceeding 3 hours (including 3 hours) and there is no definite takeoff time: Disembarkation shall be arranged as long as safety and security regulations are strictly followed.
- Operable lavatory facilities shall be provided while the aircraft remains on the tarmac during the period of delay.
- Adequate medical attention shall be provided if needed while the aircraft remains on the tarmac during the period of delay.
In the event of a tarmac delay, airport and ground handling agents shall assist the Carrier in providing the related services.