Bangkok Airways Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays
In the event of a lengthy tarmac delay affecting Bangkok Airways’ flights that depart from or arrive at an airport in China, contingency plan is as follows:
- Beginning 30 minutes after the scheduled departure and every thirty minutes thereafter: Information shall be provided to delayed passengers regarding the reason for the delay and the status of the delay, if known.
- Delay exceeding 2 hours (including 2 hours): Adequate food and water for passengers shall be provided.
- Delay exceeding 3 hours (including 3 hours) and there is no definite takeoff time: Shall arrange for disembarkation as long as safety and security regulations are followed.
- Operable lavatory facilities shall be provided while the aeroplane remains on the tarmac.
- Adequate medical attention shall be provided if needed while the aeroplane remains on the tarmac.
- In the event of a tarmac delay, airport and ground handling agents shall assist carrier in providing the related services.