Conditions for Carriage of Firearms, Ammunitions and Realistic Replicas of Firearms
- Firearms, ammunitions and realistic replicas of firearms can be transported on domestic flights only.
- Only one firearm or realistic replicas of firearm is allowed per passenger.
- A maximum gross weight of any ammunitions carried by each individual passenger is 5 kg. (11 lb.) and must be unloaded and separated from the firearm.
- Passengers may transport a firearm, ammunition or realistic replicas of firearm under the conditions outlined below:
- Firearms or realistic replicas of firearms must be unloaded by the passenger and must be verified by designated specialist and authorized to be carried on board by designated airport staff at the originating airport.
- Firearms, ammunitions and realistic replicas of firearms must be transported in a lockable hard-sided container and loaded as checked baggage only.
- The passenger must be given an authorization to transport firearms, ammunitions and realistic replicas of firearms, in written form, from the airport staff.
- The passenger must consent to follow the airport instructions in order to get the transportation of firearms, ammunitions and realistic replicas of firearms permit. This including a preparation of necessary documents and firearms container present to the airport staff and other documents details as the following:
- A valid and authentic firearms license presenting your name, certificate or any permit issued by the Royal Thai government according to the regulation of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand:
- An original of firearms license for carrying firearms and ammunition (Por. 12).
- An original license for possession or using of firearms and ammunition (Por. 4).
- An original temporary license for possession or using of firearms and ammunition (Por. 4 Temporary).
- A copy of a license for purchase firearms or ammunition (Por. 3 part 3) or a firearm guidebook.
- A police identification card (used as firearm licenses) for Police Captain rank or higher.
- A letter of authorization or certification for carrying of firearms issued in accordance with the Thai law or with the regulations of their original organization, government agencies, state enterprises or a certification for carrying of firearms given to the public volunteer for government support purpose, such as the firearms license of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) or a license to carry firearms issued by the National Counter Corruption Commission (NACC).
- Valid and authentic identification document of the firearms license holder e.g. Thai ID Card or Passport.
- A lockable hard-sided container for carriage of firearms, ammunition or realistic replica firearms as outlined in these rules.*
Remark : Due to operational reasons, the passenger travelling on a flight using ATR72-500/600 aircraft type are required to use the Bangkok Airways firearms box instead of passenger provided hard-sided container. Please contact Bangkok Airways call center for more details.