Conditions for Carriage of Firearms, Ammunition and Realistic Replicas of Firearms
- Firearms, ammunition and realistic replicas of firearms can be accepted on domestic flights subject to the conditions outlined herein.
- Only one firearm or realistic replica of firearms is allowed per passenger.
- The maximum gross weight of any ammunition carried by each individual passenger is 5kg (11 lb) and must be carried separately from the firearm.
- Passengers may transport a firearm, ammunition or realistic replica of firearms under the conditions outlined herein. Firearms or realistic replicas of firearms must be:
- Presented unloaded, inspected and authorized to be carried on board by airport staff at the originating airport.
- Locked in a hard-sided container and transported as checked baggage only.
- Permission to carry firearms, ammunition, and replica firearms on board a Bangkok Airways aircraft, will only be permitted in accordance with these instructions.
- Individual airport instructions must be followed and the following documents and firearms box prepared and presented to Bangkok Airways staff during check-in and to airport staff:
- The original firearms license in your name according to the regulation of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand:
- The original firearms license for carrying the firearms and ammunition (Por. 12)
- An original license for possession or use of firearms and ammunition (Por. 4)
- A copy of a license for purchase firearms or ammunition (Por. 3)
- A police identification card (used as firearm licenses) at Police Captain rank or higher rank
- A license or certificate for carrying firearms issued, under Thai law, to government officer intending to travel, state enterprise, or person to possess and use for government support such as a license for carrying firearm of Department of Special Investigation officer (DSI) or a license for carrying issued by National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), etc.
- Valid and original identification document of the firearms license holder e.g. Thai ID Card or Passport.
- Passengers own hard-sided container for firearms, ammunition, or realistic replica firearms.as outlined in these rules.*
Remark : Due to operational reasons, the passenger travelling on a flight using ATR72-500/600 aircraft type are required to use the Bangkok Airways firearms box instead of passenger provided hard-sided container. Please contact Bangkok Airways call center for more details.